Because of the work I have done so far I specialise in technical translation, however I do translate within other fields as well. Below you will find some details on the texts that I translate.
- automation: documents regarding control and measurement equipment, transport equipment (conveyors), actuators, HMI and SCADA systems
- safety: process safety, functional safety, fire protection and explosion protection (ATEX Directives), risk analysis (HAZOP), occupational health and safety procedures, guidelines, etc.
- tender documentation: roads construction, railway
- manuals: unloader/loader operator’s manual and maintenance instructions; drive motor manual; home equipment manuals
- offers for construction and demoliton works; painting, maintenance and installation works, etc.
- commercial materials for Caterpillar, Bobcat and Sennebogen loaders
- technical descriptions
- requirements for environmental safety, environmental reports
Articles translated by me are regularly published in Magazyn Ex, a technical quarterly on safety in potentially explosive zones.
- contracts (sale, leasing, framework agreements, agreements for the performance of works, licences etc.)
- tender documentation
- letters of intent, reports of committees meetings, legal opinions, construction supervision inspector’s decision, etc.
I was on placement at the Polish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the Department for Coordination of the Polish Presidency in the EU Council, where I have been translating materials for the English version of the website: www.prezydencjaue.gov.pl.
Examples: NGOs, Green Presidency, Minister Dowgielewicz visits Germany, “I would have liked to change the crises”.
- documents concerning management of change procedure
- inspection reports, ISO audits reports, annual reports
- evaluation of the quality management system, food safety management system
- standards, checklists
IT translation and localisation
- translating into English the contents of the Paprocki&Brzozowski fashion designers’ website (news section: until 16 October 2010)
- promotional materials of a well known multimedia and creativity software company
- FAQ for the website of an international instant messenger
- user/admin manuals for instant messengers, lab software, etc.
- participation in the translation of websties of various companies, such as a car rental, an energy company, etc.
- qualitative survey questionnaires and results
- interviews transcripts
- valuation of a company’s business activity
- customer satisfaction survey results
- promotional materials of an international investment fund
- annual reports
I am also skilled in interpreting, both consecutive and simultaneous.
My interpreting experience so far:
- Meetings regarding safety and security during EURO 2012 which were held at Gdańsk City Council, Provincial Police Headquarters in Gdańsk and PGE Arena (Gdańsk, November 2011)
- TRAKO 2011 rail industry exhibition – negotations between British and Polish companies (Gdańsk, October 2011)
- Maritime conference – presentations regarding the future of the Baltic Sea and coastal regions (Gdynia, September 2011)
- Biuro Gdańsk 2016 – a visit of Tibetans to Gdańsk (Gdańsk, July 2011)
- Biuro Gdańsk 2016, British Council – a study visit related with the application of Gdańsk for the title of the European Capital of Culture (Sopot, May 2011)
- Gdańsk City Council – a Polish and Irish seminar on young people (Gdańsk, April 2011)
- Embassy of Belgium, Economic and Commercial Representation of Flanders – a B2B meeting between Belgian meat producers and exporters, and Polish companies (Gdańsk, April 2011)
- Meeting of a pharmaceutical company (Sopot, September 2010)
- Gdańsk University of Technology, Faculty of Management and Economics – a lecture on the US healthcare system (Gdańsk, May 2010)
- 35th Polish Film Festival – interviews with artists during the Norwegian Film Review (Gdynia, May 2010)
- Baltic Sea Culture Centre – a conference on cultural education (Gdańsk, November 2009)