I am an EN-PL-EN technical translator and conference interpreter. I have been translating since 2009 and so far I have translated approx. 500 000 words. I have graduated from the University of Gdańsk with a BA and an MA degree in English Studies (major: translation) and a postgraduate diploma in interpreting.
I use specialist computer aided translation tools (CAT tools); I work with Trados Studio 2009 software on a daily basis. I have attended a Trados Studio 2009 Intermediate for Translators course and on 16 August 2010 I passed the certification exam – see my personal certification page.
- automation: documents regarding control and measurement equipment, transport equipment (conveyors), actuators, HMI and SCADA systems
- safety: process safety, functional safety, fire protection and explosion protection (ATEX Directives), risk analysis (HAZOP), occupational health and safety procedures, guidelines, etc.
Articles translated by me are regularly published in Magazyn Ex, a technical quarterly on safety in potentially explosive zones.
- tender documentation: roads construction, railway
- manuals: unloader/loader operator’s manual and maintenance instructions; drive motor manual; home equipment manuals
- offers for construction and demoliton works; painting, maintenance and installation works, etc.
- commercial materials for Caterpillar, Bobcat and Sennebogen loaders
- technical descriptions
- requirements for environmental safety, environmental reports
- contracts (sale, leasing, framework agreements, agreements for the performance of works, licences etc.)
- tender documentation
- letters of intent, reports of committees meetings, legal opinions, construction supervision inspector’s decision, etc.
I was on placement at the Polish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the Department for Coordination of the Polish Presidency in the EU Council, where I have been translating materials for the English version of the website: www.prezydencjaue.gov.pl.
- documents concerning management of change procedure
- inspection reports, ISO audits reports, annual reports
- evaluation of the quality management system, food safety management system
- standards, checklists
IT translation and localisation
- translating into English the contents of the Paprocki&Brzozowski fashion designers’ website (news section: until 16 October 2010)
- promotional materials of a well known multimedia and creativity software company
- FAQ for the website of an international instant messenger
- user/admin manuals for instant messengers, lab software, etc.
- participation in the translation of websties of various companies, such as a car rental, an energy company, etc.
- qualitative survey questionnaires and results
- interviews transcripts
- valuation of a company’s business activity
- customer satisfaction survey results
- promotional materials of an international investment fund
- annual reports
- Meetings regarding safety and security during EURO 2012 which were held at Gdańsk City Council, Provincial Police Headquarters in Gdańsk and PGE Arena (Gdańsk, November 2011)
- TRAKO 2011 rail industry exhibition – negotations between British and Polish companies (Gdańsk, October 2011)
- Maritime conference – presentations regarding the future of the Baltic Sea and coastal regions (Gdynia, September 2011)
- Biuro Gdańsk 2016 – a visit of Tibetans to Gdańsk (Gdańsk, July 2011)
- Biuro Gdańsk 2016, British Council – a study visit related with the application of Gdańsk for the title of the European Capital of Culture (Sopot, May 2011)
- Gdańsk City Council – a Polish and Irish seminar on young people (Gdańsk, April 2011)
- Embassy of Belgium, Economic and Commercial Representation of Flanders – a B2B meeting between Belgian meat producers and exporters, and Polish companies (Gdańsk, April 2011)
- Meeting of a pharmaceutical company (Sopot, September 2010)
- Gdańsk University of Technology, Faculty of Management and Economics – a lecture on the US healthcare system (Gdańsk, May 2010)
- 35th Polish Film Festival – interviews with artists during the Norwegian Film Review (Gdynia, May 2010)
- Baltic Sea Culture Centre – a conference on cultural education (Gdańsk, November 2009)